Ice Machine For Knee
Table Of Contents
- 1 10 Best Ice Machine For Knee Pain
- 2 Best Ice Therapy Machines
- 2.1 1) Ossur Cold Ice Therapy Machine System
- 2.2 Pros
- 2.3 Cons
- 2.4 2) Aircast Cryo/Cuff Ice Therapy
- 2.5 Pros
- 2.6 Cons
- 2.7 3) Polar Products Active Ice Therapy System 2.0
- 2.8 Pros
- 2.9 Cons
- 2.10 4) ARS Aqua Relief System Cold Water Therapy Device
- 2.11 Pros
- 2.12 Cons
- 2.13 5) Cryotherapy Arctic Ice-Cold Water Therapy with Large Back Pad
- 2.14 Pros
- 2.15 Cons
- 2.16 6) DonJoy 11-1422 IceMan Classic Cold Therapy Unit
- 2.17 Pros
- 2.18 Cons
- 2.19 7) Cold Therapy Knee Ice Wrap by SimplyJnJ
- 2.20 Pros
- 2.21 Cons
- 2.22 8) Polar Iceman3 Digital Cold Therapy Clear Case Unit
- 2.23 Pros
- 2.24 Cons
- 2.25 9) NatraCure Hot/Cold & Compression Shoulder Support Therapy Ice Machine
- 2.26 Pros
- 2.27 Cons
- 2.28 10)Vive Cold Therapy ice Machine Unit
- 2.29 Pros
- 2.30 Cons
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
10 Best Ice Machine For Knee Pain
For pain and swelling that won’t go away quickly, ice therapy machines can bring it to a halt. They utilize cryotherapy methods to treat aching parts of the body, giving the user instant relief. The magic happens when the cold numbs the nerve endings present around the affected area to alleviate any kind of pain. Also, it decelerates the cellular metabolism to save surrounding cells from getting damaged and as well as accelerates the recovery time for a wound.
Best Ice Therapy Machines
1) Ossur Cold Ice Therapy Machine System
It is specially designed to treat joint stiffness, persistent aches, and physical trauma obtained from a tough work out at the gym or after surgery. The device gives the six-hour worth of cold water and ice, which is something to be admired. The whole design has insulated heat covering that minimizes the heat transfer from surrounding to the ice container, keeping the water cold for long.
Unlike most devices, it does not make much sound. The motor only generates thirty decibels, which do not create disturbance for the resting person. The cooling pad is designed ergonomically to fit different areas of your body, including the shoulder, knees, arms, legs, etc. The tubing is pretty long, allowing you to move your limbs freely instead of keeping them fixed somewhere near the device.
- The device has insulated layers to keep the water cold.
- It does not generate loud noise.
- It can treat various areas of your body.
- It works for a long time.
- The tubing is very long.
- The device has a leakage problem.
- The unit is unevenly heavy.
- The tubing is heavy and pulls the pad down.
2) Aircast Cryo/Cuff Ice Therapy
It is an inexpensive unit, having a non-motorized gravity cryotherapy system. Also, it is portable and lightweight, which makes it easy to move the device. Whether you are going to see the movie or travel somewhere, this unit can be carried with ease.
The device maintains an optimum temperature to relieve you from muscle stress and pain. The container has enough water and ice to keep providing relief for six to eight hours continuously. The pad, tubing, and the cooler are lined with insulating layers that minimize the heat exchange from the surrounding.
It is made only for the knee, ankle and legs region and not for shoulders. You don’t have to worry about the size of the pad as it comes with a universal fit.
- It is a relatively cheaper unit.
- The device is lightweight and portable.
- The cooler has a handle to move it around easily.
- It can give you relief for a long time.
- The device is covered with insulating material
- It needs manual input of the commands to work.
- The material is of poor quality.
- The hose leaks sometimes.
3) Polar Products Active Ice Therapy System 2.0
In case the muscle and joint pain persist, this machine is what you require to put a stop to it. The device steadily circulates cold water and ice to eliminate swelling, stiffness, soreness effectively, and ache. The tubing is long, lightweight, and flexible, allowing freedom of movement. The container has a tightly sealed lid, which prevents leakage and any unwanted mess.
It comes with an automatic shutoff mechanism that resets the device every half an hour. This feature is essential for safety purposes, for instance, in cases like forgetting to turn the unit off. The whole unit, including the cooling compartment, the tubing, and pad, is covered with insulating material for maximum efficiency.
- It effectively cools the body parts.
- The automatic shutoff feature minimizes accidents.
- The unit is compact and easy to use.
- It keeps providing ice therapy for many hours.
- The device conserves cooling with its insulating layers.
- The tightly sealed cold therapy unit does not leak.
- It is relatively more expensive than other units.
- The manufacturing material has cheap quality.
- Many users despise the thirty-minute automatic timer.
4) ARS Aqua Relief System Cold Water Therapy Device
For regular gym-goers, this device is an ideal choice. It not only treats your knees but also every other part of your body. So, whichever muscle group you have trained in the gym, the universal therapy pad can help you relax it.
It is outfitted with a dual system, providing both cold and heat therapy. However, the machine may take a while to convert into other modes. Overall, it has a neat and decent design with a black finish on top. The material used in its construction is high-quality, which ensures many years of durability.
The only problem we could find in this unit is the short tubing length. You might have to stick close to the device to keep enjoying the therapeutic benefits.
- It allows you to perform both cold and heat therapy.
- It is suitable for every part of your body.
- The unit looks excellent, and the material is of high-quality.
- The pad has a universally fitting design.
- It conveniently controls swelling and pain.
- The pads can leak.
- It doesn’t come with an instruction manual or guide.
- It makes a loud noise while pumping the water.
5) Cryotherapy Arctic Ice-Cold Water Therapy with Large Back Pad
It is outfitted with 360 degrees cooling pad that makes sure your joints are therapized without missing any spot. The therapy instantly eliminates swelling and reduces pain by deadening the nerves present on your skin. It also stops the damage from spreading around adjacent tissues.
The cooler is massive and stores enough water and ice to provide therapy for six to eight hours. The credit for the long-lasting treatment goes to the insulating and multi-layered construction of the unit. Overall, the unit feels solid yet durable and can survive rough usage.
It features various temperature controls, allowing the user to lower the temperature if the cold feels uncomfortable. The six hose is fully insulated and circulates the water steadily using a low-voltage pump that doesn’t consume much charge. The pads are easily replaceable in case you want a better fit.
- The pad heals the affected area from every corner.
- The cooler stores a lot of cold water and ice.
- It can work for many hours continuously.
- The material of the lid and the tubing is of high-quality.
- It carries a low-voltage pump.
- The whole unit is fully insulated.
- The item starts to leak from around the seams.
- It is hard to get it replaced by the seller.
6) DonJoy 11-1422 IceMan Classic Cold Therapy Unit
It measures just about the right size to provide cold therapy for any part of your body. The machine consistently maintains the low temperature by continuously circulating the warmed-up water and replacing it with cold liquid. It does so with the help of an embedded thermometer that keeps track of the water temperature.
In terms of therapy duration, the machine provides up to seven hours of non-stop relief, which is more than any product we have discussed so far. The long-lasting operation is due to the enormous storing unit and the perfectly insulated walls.
The main body has two locks placed at different positions to prevent any accidental leakage. Moreover, the tubing is also tightly packed with a multi-layered coating to minimize the leaking problem.
- It has extraordinarily huge water storage containers.
- The device automatically monitors and deals with the warmed-up water.
- The container has two locks for enhanced security.
- It is ideal for reducing persisting pain after knee surgery.
- It is compatible with various cooling pads.
- The unit is bulky and difficult to carry around.
- It doesn’t last very long.
- Filling it too much can cause leakage.
7) Cold Therapy Knee Ice Wrap by SimplyJnJ
It can only be used for the knee area, but it is pretty effective. The design completely wraps the joint and focus the coldness on the right spots. The machine helps reduce inflammations, pain, swelling, stiffness, and various other complications suffered from knee surgery, injury, or working out.
This pad also carries an air pump that creates compression on the joint, either for an optimum fit or to reduce pain. But you have to operate the pump manually, and initially, it may require some practice. It comes with harmless ice packs that can be placed anywhere between the pad for focused effects. But remember the packs requires two hours of freezing time before use.
Unlike with other ice machines, you can freely move around and do other stuff while keeping the pad still attached.
- It is portable and allows freedom of movement.
- The pad effectively reduces swelling, pain, and soreness.
- The air pump can be used for better and more focused therapy.
- It is cheap in comparison to other units on this list.
- The air pump has a learning curve.
- Sometimes, the ice packs don’t stay where they supposed to be.
- It is only suitable for the knee area.
8) Polar Iceman3 Digital Cold Therapy Clear Case Unit
Speed up the recovery of your injuries with this polar ice machine that applies cold where it is needed. The recirculation system continuously replaces the warm water with the cold one to maintain an accurate temperature to heal the affected region. The temperature remains consistent in the pad, providing even coldness all around the covering.
It may not have a large storage, but the clear case allows you to refill the device before getting emptied. The unit is compact and easy to use, ensuring the highest level of convenience. You can even take it anywhere with you without any hassle. The design is outfitted with an integrated hose stirrup and a handle on the lid for ease-of-use.
- The machine maintains the right temperature through recirculation.
- The clear case body allows you to monitor the water level.
- The device has many features that ensure convenience.
- The temperature remains consistent throughout the pad.
- It has a small footprint for easy storage.
- It doesn’t have a large storage capacity.
- It doesn’t provide therapy for a long time.
- The leaking lid can create a mess.
9) NatraCure Hot/Cold & Compression Shoulder Support Therapy Ice Machine
This shoulder ice machine can deliver targeted cold therapy on your entire shoulder region. Whether it is a muscle spasm from working out or a post-surgery ache, it can make it all go away instantly. It fits both left and right shoulders perfectly, and the size can be adjusting using the Velcro.
By using an air pump, you can apply compression to the affected area to boost the recovery. In addition to that, the medical-grade material feels comfortable against your skin. Its dual natural allows you to use for both hot and cold therapy. All you have to do is heat it in the microwave or freeze it to use it as per your preference.
Remember, do not use it directly on your skin because it can cause burns. Instead, use a cloth or towel between the pad and the skin.
- It is suitable for both cold and hot therapy.
- It relieves shoulders from pain, muscle stiffness, and soreness.
- It is pretty easy to use.
- The air pump helps target specific areas of your shoulder.
- The adjustable strap allows an easy fit.
- It is not suitable for other parts of your body.
- It doesn’t fit people having smaller built.
- The adjustable strap gets in the way.
SEE Reviews !! </p
10)Vive Cold Therapy ice Machine Unit
This unit offers everything you need in an ice therapy machine. It provides targeted relief around the injured area with it comfortably fit cry cuff knee brace. It utilizes three straps and long, lightweight tubing to ensure the pad stay where you need.
The water is continuously circulating to maintain a constant temperature. While pumping the water, it does not make any sound, providing a relaxing environment for the user. A timer ensures that the device turns itself off without overcooling the area.
The storage tank is large for long periods of therapy. The clear base, on the other hand, lets the user monitor the ice and water levels to plan a refill. The cooling pad is large enough to cover the knee joint as well as parts of the leg and thighs.
- It is comfortable to wear and easy to use.
- It doesn’t make a sound while pumping and circulating the water.
- It comes with a personalized timer.
- The tubing is long enough.
- The device has a handle to carry it around.
- The water and ice storing capacity are low.
- The lid has a leaking problem.
SEE Reviews !! </p
As witnessed above, the hefty devices can store more water but are difficult to carry around. It usually becomes tiring sitting in one place, which is why the bigger devices aren’t desirable. Make sure the machine is about the right size and can be carried around easily. For which, it needs to be lightweight as well.
Size of The Pads
People having full-body pain should prefer bigger pads. This way, they would be able to target a large surface area in a single go. But those who suffered from knee surgery or a deep wound, the smaller pads are better. That’s because they can target the affected area with great focus.
The size of the pads also depends on the body part you intend to target. For instance, pads made for knee joints are smaller, whereas the shoulder braces are relatively larger.
Length of The Tubing
Users find short tubing troublesome because it restricts their movement. You might want a tubing long enough to move your limbs freely.
The Material of The Tubing
Another element that you need to inspect is the material of the tubing. Cheap quality material is prone to leakage and can create a huge mess. Plus, make sure the tubes are insulated well to minimize the heat exchange from the environment.
It is an essential component, especially for people suffering from persistent aches. The capacity defines for how many hours the device can continuously relieve you from pain. Purchase the cold therapy machine having enough capacity to last for at least six hours.
Make sure that pads can be washed and utilized again. This will allow you to save a good deal of money. On the other hand, the disposable pads would require replacements every now and then, which can be troublesome.
This is a must-have safety feature that prevents the device from running without cold water. Plus, if you accidentally fell asleep with the machine still on, the auto-shutoff feature can be a lifesaver.
How the pad wraps around your body depends on for which part it was designed. For instance, the pads for knee ice machines have smaller straps and only go for the knee, arms, and legs while the wrap attachments for shoulder ice machines include huge straps that go from one side of the body to another.
Ease of Use
The whole device should be easy to use; otherwise, the therapy becomes tiresome. Ensure the design is convenient, and the controls are simple so that everyone can use it without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is cold therapy good for you?
- The sensation of pain disappears when cold is applied to the affected area.
- It reduces swelling by slowing down cellular metabolism.
- It prevents the surrounding tissues from getting damaged.
- It helps you treat inflammations, muscle stiffness, and soreness.
- Ice therapy helps patients recover faster from post-surgery tissue trauma.
- It accelerates the recovery speed of a wound.
- It has proven remedial for ankle sprains and muscle tightness.
- Knee ice machines can increase your joint mobility.
- It helps you relax and feel peaceful.
How long do you use the ice machine after knee surgery?
Swelling and pain last for several months after the surgery. So, it is suggested to use the ice machine every day until the swelling goes away. Apply the cold not more than twenty minutes in a single session and repeat it a maximum of four times a day.
How cold does an ice machine get?
The temperature varies for different models, but averagely, the temperature remains between the forty-five to sixty degrees Fahrenheit.
Can we sleep with the device on?
No, it is dangerous. Continuously applying cold can leave burns on your skin and can cause numbness. It is only safe when the device is outfitted with an automatic shutoff feature.
Ice machines are an effective solution to treat pain, post-surgery swelling, soreness, muscle spasm, etc. But to enjoy maximum benefits, the selection of the right device is a must. Out of all the above-discussed products, we have chosen the Ossur Cold Rush Therapy Machine System as our top pick. It delivers good performance and carries all the essential features that you need in an ice therapy device.