Which is the best PC Microphone
PC microphones are highly useful for recording podcast audio sessions from your home and studio. They offer compatibility with many of latest operating systems as well as legacy systems. They are lightweight, compact and easy to use. Most of them are plug and play devices which need no external software when installed on latest OS and hardware. They provide USB connectivity that is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. They make your recording and broadcasting of podcast highly efficient and streamlined. The systems have plenty of hardware controls for stereo, bi-directional, and Cardioid types of recording. Here we review two of the leading brands which you can use for hobby and professional level podcast functions.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition
- 2 Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting Recording Condenser Microphone
Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition
We have considered the Blue Yeti Blackout Edition for its vast range of support from 20HZ to 20KHZ frequency response. It works in three distinct modes of stereo, Cardioid, bi-directional, and multidirectional recording.
Blue Yeti Blackout – Functional Specifications
- Condenser: Condenser capsule on Blue Yeti Blackout can convert even the weakest audio signals into power electromagnetic waves. It is supported by state of the art filter which eliminates background noise, air vibrations, and other disturbances from the surrounding. Multiple buttons controlling the device ensure zero latency and synthesize the voice for maximum clarity. The condenser can clearly distinguish between human voice, instruments, and other sounds which are worth recording. You can use it for multiple types of recording within your studio and open air events with high clarity.
- Modes: While working multiple modes, Blue Yeti Blackout uses the left and right channels in a selective way. For example, the stereo mode uses both to give you crystal clear output that is compatible with professional podcasting and recording needs. In multidirectional mode, the system can pick up the sound from all directions. It is highly useful for external open air recordings of events. Cardioid mode is best suited for studio indoor recordings where the presenter and the other participants will be seated very close to the microphone.
- Compatibility: The Blue Yeti Blackout is compatible with vast range of editing and mixing software apps that work on your computer. They can configure the multiple controls on the device, including the condenser, filter and other sensitive components for custom recording and editing.
- Quality: The Blue Yeti Blackout gives you seamless stream of uninterrupted sound recording features for solo and group performance events. It has the capacity to integrate multiple frequencies of voice, instrumental, other forms of digital and analog sound to create perfect podcast presentations.
Blue Yeti Blackout – Technical Specifications
With a dimension of 4.9″ x 4.7″ x 11.6″ and 3.51 Pounds weight, Blue Yeti Blackout is a truly professional PC microphone that is compatible with PC and Mac systems. It gives you minimum recording resolution of 48KHZ in 16 bit mode. Volume control on the system allows direct monitoring with zero latency. You can also vary the volume levels with highly sensitive controls. Blue Yeti Blackout system provides you with digital quality recordings at various levels and intensity of voice and instrumental frequencies.
- Compatible with multiple modes of recording like Cardioid, stereo, multidirectional and bidirectional
- Professional microphone for studio and open air recording and podcast
- Compatible with Windows PC and Mac
- Not lightweight
Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting Recording Condenser Microphone
Neewer NW-700 is a professional level condenser based microphone which comes with a flexible arm stand. You can mount the stand on any vertical platform and move it horizontally and vertically to almost 360-degrees.
Neewer NW-700 –Functional Specifications
- Condenser: Neewer NW-700 works on Cardioid type of recording pattern by default. You can also use it for stereo type of recording within the studio. High sound resolution with 48-V phantom power makes the Neewer NW-700 highly compatible with all your voice, instrumental, and podcast conferencing needs within the studio as well as external open air surroundings.
- Filter: The NV3-POP filter used in the system eliminates all sorts of distortions and negative frequencies from the sound. The quality of sound recording is compatible for editing and mixing with the help of advanced software applications.
- Modes: Neewer NW-700 supports Cardioid and Stereo modes at highest efficiency. Support for multidirectional and bidirectional recording is still in the basic to intermediate levels. The system can clearly distinguish between human voice, instrumental, and other types of worth recording sounds clearly. It categorizes the frequencies for the recording software to capture. At the same time it combines the finest elements of recording the sound from podcast presentations, solo songs, instrumental, interviews, and on-stage performances.
- Compatibility: Neewer NW-700 is compatible with Windows operating systems’ latest and legacy versions.
Neewer NW-700 – Technical Specifications
With a high capacity POP filter size of 5.9”, 3.5mm to XLR audio cable, and 2.5 meter extending arm stand, the Neewer NW-700 is your favorite podcast PC microphone. Since the microphone has one sided support for filter, intensity of sound will be highest in that direction. However, Neewer NW-700 can also pick up sound from other directions in an equally efficient manner. The combination of steel, foam, and other synthetic materials on the Neewer NW-700 makes it highly durable. It can withstand heat, humidity, and other environmental conditions in the open air as well as indoors.
- NV3-POP filter for filtering all forms of noise
- 5 meter extending arm that is 360-degrees rotatable
- High resolution sound recording for Cardioid
- Compatibility for multidirectional and bidirectional recording is low
Our review of two completely different categories of microphones is to help you choose the best PC microphone based on your specific requirements. If you tend to use it more in the open air conditions, the Yeti is beatable. Neewer NW-700 is specifically designed for indoor recording, though it gives you considerable coverage in the open air also. Both the microphones are compatible with the latest editing and mixing software applications to produce some of the most stunning podcasting experiences for your audiences from you.